We know that for some of you, writing your wedding speech can be a daunting task. Fear not! We’ve collected the best tips from speech writers, real couples and bloggers, to help you make your speech simply unforgettable.
- Research and ask! A little help from friends and family will go a long way. Ask around to get some ideas and extra insights that will help towards your speech.
- Practice! And then practice some more. The more times you read out loud your wedding speech, the better your delivery will be. Read slow, loud and emphasize your key words or moments in your speech. Always give your audience a chance to digest a particular moment or joke you wrote about.
- Your past. Share your personal life stories, good times with your best man, or upbringing moments from your family, with your guests. The audience will appreciate your growing up stories and this is your chance to add humor and anecdotes.
- Remember. Consign the opening line and the next two lines of your speech to memory. Then, if necessary, read the rest word for word, but try to raise your head and speak to the audience as much as you can.
- Keep it short. Try to say everything you need to say in less than 1000 words or seven minutes worth of speech.
If you enjoyed our speech writing tips for your Rhodes wedding, share them with your friends and get writing!